News

COVID-19: Tourism Calgary temporarily lays off 60 per cent of staff

COVID-19: Tourism Calgary temporarily lays off 60 per cent of staff
Business
As the city’s tourism industry takes a significant hit, Tourism Calgary announced that 60 per cent of its staff will be temporarily laid off while the remaining staff will receive a pay cut.

Tourism has effectively come to a halt due to the international spread of COVID-19 and Tourism Calgary said in a release Thursday that they are not immune from the consequences. With a drop in funding, they made the decision to temporarily lay off 60 per cent of their staff, effective at the beginning of April, and reduce wages for the remaining 40 per cent.
Read more on calgaryherald.com
News Topics :
RELATED STORIES :
Canada
A+ Kingston may be one of the hardest hit Canadian cities when it comes to the impact COVID 19 will have on the tourism sector, according to the city’s tourism branch....
Sports
A view of the tails of WestJet planes at Calgary International Airport, Mon. Sept. 10, 2018. WestJet has announced it is laying off nearly half its staff. Check this page...
Business
MONTREAL CAE Inc. is temporarily laying off about a quarter of its staff, cutting salaries and suspending its dividend and share repurchase plan in response to the COVID 19 pandemic....
Business
MONTREAL CAE Inc. is temporarily laying off about a quarter of its staff, cutting salaries and suspending its dividend and share repurchase plan in response to the...
World
Larger font Increase article font size A+ John Yuen spent Friday clearing out the fridge at his Italian restaurant and wondering how he’d manage to scrounge up about $12, 000 for...