News

1 hospitalized after gas line fire at Calgary construction site

1 hospitalized after gas line fire at Calgary construction site
Canada
Larger font Increase article font size

A+

One person was taken to hospital after a gas line caught fire at the site of a home under construction in Calgary on Thursday.

Police said emergency responders, including firefighters and EMS, were called to the home in the 0-100 block of Sage Bluff Manor at about 11:15 a.m. for reports of the fire.

Bright orange flames could be seen shooting from a pit in the neighbourhood which had several new builds as well as houses still being built.

According to the Calgary Fire Department, the injured person had minor, first-degree burns and was taken to the Foothills Medical Centre.
Read more on globalnews.ca
News Topics :
RELATED STORIES :
Canada
CALGARY A vehicle left running in the garage of a Calgary home has killed one man and sent seven neighbours to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. Calgary police say...
World
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. North Carolina authorities say they’ve evacuated businesses in a Fayetteville shopping centre because a construction crew struck a gas line. The gas leak at Cross Pointe Center...
World
MURRIETA, Calif. A natural gas explosion destroyed a Southern California home, killed a gas company worker and injured more than a dozen other people Monday, authorities said. The explosion...
Canada
Saskatoon Fire Department officials said one person was taken to hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation after a house fire in Haultain on March 26, 2019. Listen One person was...
Politics
Trudeau was asked light heartedly at an event today in Vancouver whether he jeopardized his security by snowboarding with his bodyguards. I have many times and will continue to praise the...