News

Calgary man dead, 7 sent to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning

Calgary man dead, 7 sent to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning
Canada
CALGARY - A vehicle left running in the garage of a Calgary home has killed one man and sent seven neighbours to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Calgary police say the man s death is not considered suspicious.

Carol Henke (HANK-ee) with the Calgary fire department says a concerned person called for help after hearing a vehicle running for quite awhile.

She says the colourless, odourless gas had leaked into three attached townhomes.

Nine people in those units were assessed and seven were taken to area hospitals.

Adam Loria with Calgary s Emergency Medical Services says the seven people, including four young children, were not in life-threatening condition.
Read more on CTVnews
News Topics :
Similar Articles :
Health
At least 50 Canadians a year die of carbon monoxide poisoning and health officials are stressing the importance of installing proper detectors as we head into winter. Kenny Clement of...
Canada
Fire officials in Fredericton are reminding New Brunskwickers about the hazards of carbon monoxide poisonings after last year’s fatalities. Two people in the Acadian Peninsula died from carbon monoxide poisoning...
Canada
VANCOUVER Boaters are being warned of the dangers of carbon monoxide after two children lost consciousness while on a boat over the Victoria Day long weekend. North Vancouver RCMP...
Health
The Super 8 Motel was evacuated of 52 guests and staff on Tuesday morning. Five people were taken to hospital in unstable condition, while 26 were described as stable. Here...
Canada
An entire family has been airlifted from Barriere, B.C., to a hospital in Vancouver on Thursday morning after a carbon monoxide leak in their home. B.C. Emergency Health Services said...