News

CEBL looking at resuming with a one-site tournament in Ontario

CEBL looking at resuming with a one-site tournament in Ontario
Sports
The Canadian Elite Basketball League says it is considering a single-site tournament in Ontario as it looks for a way to resume playing after the COVID-19 pandemic postponed the start of its second season.

In a release Friday, the league said it hasn’t ruled out any path to getting back on the court but is currently focused on the tournament option.

The league said it is also awaiting a decision on a request it made to the federal government earlier this month for $5 million in relief money.

Four of the CEBL’s seven teams — Guelph, Hamilton, Niagara (St. Catharines) and Ottawa — are in Ontario. The other teams are based in Saskatoon, Edmonton and Abbotsford, B.C.
Read more on Toronto Star
News Topics :
RELATED STORIES :
Sports
Major League Soccer will return to action July 8 with a World Cup style tournament that will run through Aug. 11 in the Orlando area. All 26 teams will take part...
Sports
Maxim Cajkovic didn’t know a thing about the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League when he left Europe for the 2018 19 season, never mind how the world junior championship is embraced...
Sports
The 2020 Memorial Cup has been added to the list of cancelled sporting events in Canada due to the COVID 19 pandemic , with the Canadian Hockey League calling off the...
Sports
The Ontario Hockey League is following some of its professional counterparts by delaying the start of its 2020 21 season during the COVID 19 pandemic. The OHL, one of three major junior leagues...
Sports
NBA general managers reportedly are split over whether the league should finish the regular season when it resumes action after the shutdown caused by the coronavirus pandemic or if the...