5 things to know for Thursday, April 11, 2019
|CTVnews 11 Apr 2019 at 02:59|
Police in London say they at the Ecuadorian embassy on a court warrant dating back to 2012. Here s what else you need to know to start your day.
1. Political fundraising: Liberal MPs are calling on Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer to cancel a Greater Toronto Area candidate s $250-a-ticket fundraising event billed as a discussion of "the business of healthcare."
2. Alberta election: Less than a week before Albertans are set to vote in their provincial election, voter fraud allegations are being levelled against UCP Leader Jason Kenney over his party s 2017 leadership race.
3. Measles outbreak: A Canadian cancer survivor is condemning anti-vaxxers after she contracted measles. Despite having the vaccine, she caught it because her immune system was weakened from past cancer operations.
4. Missing girl: Police in Calgary to come forward with any information on the whereabouts of a girl who is believed to have been abducted by her father.
5. Royal Baby: Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, have decided to keep plans around their baby s arrival private, Kensington Palace officials said in a statement.
One more thing
Ethiopian Airlines: A Toronto man is sharing his story after losing his wife, three young children and mother-in-law when a plane crashed six minutes after taking off in Ethiopia last month.