5 things to know for Tuesday, December 3, 2019
|CTVnews 03 Dec 2019 at 06:57|
TORONTO -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and U.S. President Donald Trump are expected to meet today during a . Here s what else you need to know to start your day.
1. Premiers meeting: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has promised a national pharmacare program but getting the plan passed in a minority Parliament may not be the biggest hurdle he faces, with premiers saying they want to opt out .
2. Plane accident: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau s until August 2020, after a collision at CFB Trenton crushed its nose and damaged an engine.
3. Liquor thefts: A Winnipeg judge has sentenced a man to jail for six separate thefts from Manitoba Liquor Marts, a day after the provincial government revealed new initiatives aimed at cracking down on alcohol thefts .
4. Canadian potatoes: A shortage of potatoes could be on the horizon as a wet and cold fall, combined with an increased demand for the vegetable, has left farmers and french fry producers with a tight supply.
5. London Bridge attack: The brave bystander who used a narwhal tusk to help detain the suspect in the London Bridge attack before police arrived from the president of Poland.
One more thing
Asylum seeker: A Colombian man who dreams of immigrating to Canada has gone to unique lengths to attract the attention of Canadian employers by creating a music video highlighting his skills as a trades worker.