Victims of London Bridge attack discharged from hospital
|Toronto Star 06 Dec 2019 at 09:34|
LONDON - Three people injured in the London Bridge attack have been sent home after receiving medical treatment as more details emerged on the stabbings.
Dr. Vin Diwakar, medical director for the National Health Service in London, said Friday that the victims of the attack were recovering and that the last patient had been discharged.
“Our thoughts remain with the families and friends of those who sadly lost their lives and all those who have been impacted,’’ he said.
Usman Khan stabbed two people to death and injured three others on Nov. 29 before being shot and killed by police on the bridge. Khan had been attending a conference on prisoner rehabilitation when he attacked Cambridge University graduates Saskia Jones, 23 and Jack Merritt, 25.