News

Fredericton shooting trial on hold until Tuesday due to unexpected issue

Fredericton shooting trial on hold until Tuesday due to  unexpected  issue
Canada
FREDERICTON -- The murder trial for a Fredericton man charged in the 2018 fatal shootings of four people has been put on hold until next week.

Justice Larry Landry of the Court of Queen s Bench told the 12-person jury today that the parties need to discuss unexpected issues before Matthew Raymond s trial can resume.

Raymond faces four counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Fredericton Police constables Robb Costello and Sara Burns as well as civilians Donnie Robichaud and Bobbie Lee Wright, on Aug. 10, 2018.

On Tuesday, lawyers for Raymond acknowledged their client shot and killed the four people but they said he is not criminally responsible because of a mental disorder.
Read more on CTVnews
News Topics :
Similar Articles :
Canada
FREDERICTON—The trial of a Fredericton man charged in the 2018 fatal shootings of four people resumes today after testimony was suspended last week. Justice Larry Landry of the Court of...
Canada
FREDERICTON—The murder trial for a Fredericton man charged in the 2018 fatal shootings of four people in the New Brunswick capital begins today. Matthew Raymond faces four counts of first degree...
Canada
FREDERICTON—Jury selection continues today in the hearing to determine if a Fredericton man is fit to stand trial on four counts of first degree murder. Matthew Raymond is accused of killing...
Canada
A+ There is yet another delay in the court proceedings for a Fredericton man accused of killing two police officers and two civilians in the New Brunswick capital in 2018....
Canada
A+ A Fredericton judge has rejected a request for constitutional relief so that a fitness hearing for a man accused of four counts of first degree murder can be heard by...