News

New Brunswick reports no new cases of COVID-19 for the first time in a week

New Brunswick reports no new cases of COVID-19 for the first time in a week
Canada
The last day the province didn t report a new case was June 6. Since then, there were 20 new cases reported, 19 of those occurring in the Campbellton region of Zone 5.

There are now 26 active cases in the province. All but one of the province s active cases is in Zone 5, and the other is a temporary foreign worker in the Moncton area.

The province conducted 467 COVID-19 tests on Saturday. As of Sunday, New Brunswick public health workers have completed 37,072 tests.

Among the active cases, four people are hospitalized with one in an intensive care unit.

Second death reported Saturday

Public health officials say the individual was one of the cases connected to the ongoing outbreak in Zone 5 and had been a resident of the Manoir de la Valle in Atholville prior to being admitted to the hospital.

The individual was between the ages of 80 and 89 and had underlying health issues.

I ask all New Brunswick to join me in extending our heartfelt condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of the deceased, said Dr. Jennifer Russell, chief medical officer of health.

Both of New Brunswick s COVID-19 deaths were residents at Manoir de la Vallee in Atholville, N.B. at the Campbellton Regional Hospital.

On Saturday, the province also reported three new cases of COVID-19, all in the Campbellton region. Two of the cases are health-care employees at the Campbellton Regional Hospital and the other case is a health-care employee at the Manoir de la Valle.

The cases are an individual between 20 and 29, an individual between 30 and 39 and an individual between 50 and 59.

It was the third day in a row an employer at the Campbellton Regional Hospital has tested positive, with one employee testing positive on Friday, and two others announced Thursday.

Symptoms and self-isolation

Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 is required to self-isolate at home, away from the public, for 14 days.

Anyone who travels outside of New Brunswick must also self-isolate for two weeks.

Last month, the province expanded the list of symptoms for which it is screening.

Anyone who is showing two of the following symptoms should contact Tele-Care 811 or a primary health-care provider for further direction:

Recovery plan

All areas of New Brunswick except Zone 5 are currently in the Yellow level of the COVID-19 recovery plan, aimed at the gradual reopening of businesses and activities while working to prevent a resurgence of transmission. Zone 5 remains at the Orange level of the recovery plan.
Read more on CTVnews
News Topics :
Similar Articles :
Canada
Public Health says the individual died in the Campbellton region of Zone 5. They were one of the cases connected to the ongoing outbreak in Zone 5 and had been...
Top Stories
New Brunswick’s first death from COVID 19 was announced Thursday morning after an outbreak that began with a doctor returning to work without self isolating after travel. The family of Daniel Ouellette,...
Canada
Dr. Jennifer Russell, New Brunswick s chief medical officer of health, provides an update on COVID 19 in Fredericton on June 19, 2020. SHARE HALIFAX There is one...
Canada
CAMPBELLTON, N.B. The 18 bed Alzheimer s unit at the first nursing home in New Brunswick to report a COVID 19 outbreak has transformed into a mini hospital, according to...
Canada
New Brunswick Premier Blaine Higgs said there are rules in place and they must be followed and now because of one irresponsible individual a number of patients at the Campbellton...