News

Fox reaches 6-year agreement with South America’s CONMEBOL

LOS ANGELES - Fox Sports will become the broadcast home of South American soccer after reaching a long-term agreement with the sport’s South American federation.

Fox reached a six-year deal with CONMEBOL for the rights to major tournaments in South American men’s and women’s soccer. The deal also includes rights to FIFA World Cup and Olympic qualifiers. The agreement kicks off in June with Copa América, which will feature Lionel Messi and Argentina along with Neymar and Brazil.

Next year’s Women’s Copa América will be headlined by Brazil, which features Marta.

Fox’s soccer slate for the remainder of this year also includes Major League Soccer, the CONCACAF Gold Cup and Champions League, Mexico’s Liga MX and the FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
Read more on Toronto Star
News Topics :
Similar Articles :
Entertainment
LOS ANGELES This June’s Copa América will be televised in the United States on Fox’s networks. The network said Tuesday it had reached a six year agreement with the South...
Sports
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina This year’s Copa America tournament will be played “with or without fans, ” CONMEBOL President Alejandro Dominguez said Wednesday. Dominguez had said late last year that the...
Sports
NEW YORK — Prosecutors revealed new details of alleged bribes paid to FIFA executive committee members to gain their votes for Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup and charged...
Sports
SAO PAULO Two rounds of South American World Cup qualifiers scheduled for the end of March were postponed on Saturday following opposition from European clubs about allowing their players...
Sports
NEW YORK Reuters Two former 21st Century Fox executives and a South American sports marketing company pleaded not guilty on Thursday to criminal charges in New York in the...